10 March 2016

Purveyr Instagramer: John Aledia


At first glance, one will get the impression that John is just another landscape or portrait photographer, and he is actually. But what separates him from the pack is his distinct style that results to hauntingly beautiful photos -- Rather than going for the white and clean look that most Instagram enthusiasts enjoy, he explores a deeper and darker one while experimenting with layers and textures. His photos evoke a deep sense of emotion brought about by added filter, which creates the right atmosphere for that he wishes to express.

"I’m John Renzo Aledia, goes by the name @johnaledja on Instagram. I’m 19 years old and currently studying Bachelor of Fine Arts major in Advertising Arts in Far Eastern University. My love for photography goes deeper and deeper as time goes by. I love listening to music so much that it reflects to the captions I write for my photos."

How long have you been using Instagram and what made you decide to give more effort in it?
I remember asking my mom to buy any kind of smart phone for me as long as Instagram works in it. It was early 2014 when I started using the app. I, then, took Instagram seriously after I became a suggested user later that year.

How would you describe your approach (style) to photography?
I don’t think I have my own style yet. As long as I find something interesting, I will definitely take a photo of it as my subject. Most of my photos used to be dark and unsaturated. Now that I'm getting away from that theme, I switch to brighter ones. I love playing the tones. Consistency has always been my struggle.

What are your usual subjects?
Street was my first love. Landscape is my current love. Call me a player, I don't care, but right now I’m courting fashion.

What makes for a good Instagram shot?
When you let people see your perspective, but technically speaking, it’s all about the composition and lighting.

What’s the most unusual thing you’ve done for an Instagram photo?
Standing in the middle of a busy street, lying on the floor, shooting even if it’s raining (without an umbrella) which I think is normal #forthegram?

Are your photos on Instagram solely taken from your phone, or do you use other devices, such as SLRs, digital cameras, etc?
Late last year when I had my very first DSLR camera, I refrain from using my Android phone’s camera. But every time I use my phone camera, the photo quality still amazes me. Although, I don’t post it anymore on my Instagram. It all started with an Android phone.

What inspires you? And how does it influence your photography?
The places I’ve never been to yet I’m already in love with. I discover them through Instagram every day. It pushes me to work more and to achieve my goals in life.

Who are your favorite Instagramers?
@ownthelight posts the greatest portraits and I love his tones, @joshua_j_taylor & @rvnvn minimal and inspiring captions, @angelomendo & @capturedphotos post the coolest landscapes, @nikk_la & @msalisbu for street photography.

I’m all about the tones.

What do you dislike about Instagram?
It’s irresistible.

What is Instagram for you?
It connects people through photos. It is a modern portfolio for all the aspiring artists. It inspires you to go out and see the world. It teaches you that more than all the photos you post on it, it is how you live your life outside the screen and behind the camera that matters.













0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2012-2016 PURVEYR, All Rights Reserved.
Follow us on Instagram