24 July 2017

Inside Poblacion by Andrei Suleik


Poblacion, also known as the “Red Light District” of Makati City, has been experiencing a shift in dynamics. What was known for purely entertainment and a small neighborhood, is now a burgeoning area of creativity, modern retail and gentrification. However, the real beauty of Poblacion does not just lie in its history nor its current state, its appeal comes from the balanced fusion of both.

These sudden changes have made the area a place to be – from budding entrepreneurs, artists, chefs, and more. Other than the great energy that its current residents elicit, the outsiders are as much important. Poblacion has been a popular destination for everyone, specifically photographers and “Instagrammers” alike. Its mix of aesthetics is an interesting backdrop for a lot of shoots – for either personal or commercial work. This is why photographer, Andrei Suleik chose it for his latest series. “However, most have shot the location from its streets.” he shares. So to separate his work, he took his subject inside the establishments in Poblacion. “I want to show the other side of the place. So, we came up with this concept of shooting inside a bar, rather than putting our focus on the façade of these establishments” Andrei explains.

With the help of fashion designer, Dani Familara (styling), and KAPWA Studios’ Dionne Taylor (make-up) and Leslie Espinosa (hair), Andrei shot Johnny Haiki inside Jool’s Cabaret in a modernized 19th Century fashion. It’s not often that we see this side of Poblacion, and the juxtaposition of the place and the style brought attention to how much we don’t know everything about the area even if it’s already ever-present online and on social media.













1 comments:

Hello everyone out there, help me Thank Dr UGO! My name is MRS LINDA from Netherlands. I am here to give testimony on how I got my ex husband back, my husband left me for no reason 6 Months. He moved in with another woman, I felt like killing myself, my life became very bitter and sorrowful. Then 1 day, a friend of mine told me about a great spell caster that is very good and she said that he told her all about her life history and the problem she is facing, I didn't believe it because I've worked with so many of them and it didn't work. She begged me further so I decided to try this great spell caster called Great Dr UGO. I still didn't believe, but inside me I wanted to give a try and as God will have it, I used the spell solution he gave me and the next day I received a call from my darling husband Romero last month. He apologized and came back to me. I'm very happy now with my family it worked for me and I believe it will work for you too just give him a try and follow up this is a clear truth from a testifier. Thank you Dr UGO once again, if you want to reach him via email:(dr.ugo.temple@gmail.com) 

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2012-2016 PURVEYR, All Rights Reserved.
Follow us on Instagram