19 February 2017

Mahal Kong Pilipinas by Isabelle Landicho


It's not often that you see traditional Filipino fashion successfully made to look contemporary; a lot of times it ends up with the Barong Tagalog worn in a tacky way, or a renowned ethnic pattern used quite oddly and forced on a piece of clothing. I guess, it's not really that easy too. Because unlike other ethnic styles, ours is quite ornate, which in most cases, is more difficult to blend with other designs. But when done right, we believe that it could be pioneering.

"Mahal Kong Pilipinas" brings forth that conversation, of how traditional Filipino clothing can feel more modern. London-based Filipino Stylist and Creative Director Isabelle Landicho, produced this editorial to showcase traditional Filipino clothing to a contemporary audience. Being born in the Philippines and then moving to the UK at a young age, Landicho grew up with a mixed cultural background, which inspired her to advocate diversity in fashion. "Mahal Kong Pilipinas" totally displays that part of her, as she mixed traditional Filipino garments with contemporary British labels worn by Filipino models. On top of that, Landicho also frees the garments of its gender attachments by making a female model wear the Barong Tagalog, while a male model wears accessories traditionally worn by tribal women.

This editorial is made by this team:
Photography Genoveva Arteaga-Rynn @arteagarynn Styling and Creative Direction Isabelle Landicho @lethal_izzle Set Design Matthew Redman @matthew_redman Make up and Hair Rachel Sandler @rachelmsandler Models Ayen Feliciano @lilacayen Trey Alcantara @triqqahappy Gorgonia Landicho @gogogoyit


Vintage Barong from Wolf and Gypsy

Manobo and T’boili tribal beads

T’boili tribal beads

Gown by TGCN

Top and String Vest by Valinda Rai and Kalinga tribal beads

All accessories are provided by the Lahing Kayumanggi Dance Company

2 comments:

Hello everyone out there, help me Thank Dr UGO! My name is MRS LINDA from Netherlands. I am here to give testimony on how I got my ex husband back, my husband left me for no reason 6 Months. He moved in with another woman, I felt like killing myself, my life became very bitter and sorrowful. Then 1 day, a friend of mine told me about a great spell caster that is very good and she said that he told her all about her life history and the problem she is facing, I didn't believe it because I've worked with so many of them and it didn't work. She begged me further so I decided to try this great spell caster called Great Dr UGO. I still didn't believe, but inside me I wanted to give a try and as God will have it, I used the spell solution he gave me and the next day I received a call from my darling husband Romero last month. He apologized and came back to me. I'm very happy now with my family it worked for me and I believe it will work for you too just give him a try and follow up this is a clear truth from a testifier. Thank you Dr UGO once again, if you want to reach him via email:(dr.ugo.temple@gmail.com) 

The core of your writing whilst appearing agreeable in the beginning, did not really sit perfectly with me after some time. Someplace within the sentences you actually were able to make me a believer unfortunately just for a short while. I however have got a problem with your jumps in assumptions and you might do well to help fill in all those gaps. If you actually can accomplish that, I will definitely end up being impressed.
un stitched lawn

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2012-2016 PURVEYR, All Rights Reserved.
Follow us on Instagram