04 September 2014

Purveyr Instagramer: Karl Presentacion

Instagram has become a powerful tool for one to freely express themselves through beautifully snapped photos and well thought of captions. It is a simple way to capture and share special moments, to see the world through the eyes of others, and to allow its users to experience other people's lives through photos as they happen. Because of this, we decided to do a monthly feature to showcase our favorite Filipino Instagrammers.

The #PurveyrInstagramer for the month of September is Karl Presentacion.


"I’m Karl Ivan J. Presentacion or @larkvain on Instagram. I graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in English, and currently wandering the corporate world. I am a Human Resource practitioner by profession, and an Art Junkie by passion,

We are so used to seeing Instagrammers producing beautifully taken photos with creative edits, while Karl joins the pack bringing in something different to the table. It is quite uncommon for us to see originally handcrafted artworks on Instagram, so when we stumbled upon his feed, we knew we just had to feature him. His feed is a mix of portraits, a few real-time snaps, and a lot of his handcrafted pieces. This, we believe, is what sets him apart in the Instagram community. His meticulous eye and close attention to detail is clearly translated in his compositions, playing with cutouts and lettering.

We asked Karl about his love for Instagram, and here's what he has to say.


How long have you been using Instagram and what made you decide to give more effort in it?
I've been on Instagram for a year and a half now, but what made me decide to exert more effort in it is through my participation in Instagram’s “Weekend Hashtag Project." As far as I can remember, my first submission to the said project is with #WHPfilmedfromabove.


How would you describe your approach (style) to photography?
I would interpret my style to photography as more on the keen attention to details and injecting creative elements through the composition.

What are your usual subjects?

The usual subjects present on my feed would be portraits and my hand crafted artworks/pieces.


What makes for a good Instagram shot?
My take on a good Instagram shot would be the expressive details and blend of colors.


What’s the most unusual thing you’ve done for an Instagram photo?

I am usually commended on how tedious the process is in producing some of my photographed subjects, and the best example of this would be the sugar typography. It’s simple, I just spelled out the word “sugar” out of brown sugar using a fork, but you must agree it is really quite unusual.


Are your photos on Instagram solely taken from your phone, or do you use other devices, such as SLRs, digital cameras, etc? Do you think the equipment one uses is a big factor in producing stunning Instagram posts?

All my photos on Instagram are purely taken through my iPhone. I must admit that I am not yet familiar in using SLRs, and in my opinion the iPhone can produce photos that I am happy and comfortable with. For me, it doesn't really matter on what equipment you use but rather the content of the composition and how you present it.


What inspires you? And how does it influence your passion for photography?
I was inspired by the diversity and creativity shared in the Instagram community. This also influenced my passion for photography because of the overwhelming support and heartfelt appreciation towards my work.


Who are your favorite Instagrammers?

Too many to mention, but to name a few: @joselourenco, @ananya.ray, @lehicoutino, @grallar, @nunoassis, @justhanni and @pchyburrs.

What do you dislike about Instagram?
Nothing at all.


What is Instagram for you?
Instagram goes beyond a social media platform, it is a place where I can share my artistic ability to inspire and be inspired. It is also a community builder, which connects different culture/backgrounds and generates interaction with people from everywhere. I am really thankful and grateful to be part of this wonderful community.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2012-2016 PURVEYR, All Rights Reserved.
Follow us on Instagram