10 December 2012

Purveyr Seven with Jason Markk


A couple of weeks ago, the owner, founder and creator of the famous footwear cleaning solution kit visited the country. The very calm and passionate part-Filipino, Jason Markk, was here in the Philippines for his collaboration with Titan. And while he was here, we spent a good few minutes with him to talk about his life, work and lifestyle. Get a few pointers and tips on how he became successful, how his mind works and a few more interesting thoughts. See the short interview after the break.


What do you do?

I make premium shoe products and accessories.

When and how did you start?

Jason Markk started in January of 2007. I've been into sneakers since I was young, and to clean my sneakers it's always been a concoction of household items. From detergent and oxyclean, to different mixes. Until one day I thought, there has to be a better way. So I started doing research to look for a product that was made for people like me that love sneakers. Because the sneakers that we care about now, have so much different types of materials like suede, nubuck, patent leather, horse hair and canvas. There wasn't really anything in the market that is okay to use, that will give you the peace of mind that it won't damage your shoes. So at that point, that's when I realized that I had something - that I had this great idea.


What inspires you?

Life, culture, art, music, family, friends, traveling, everything around me.. it all inspires me.

Top three people that influence you?

When I started Jason Markk, I started really getting into the lifestyle culture, which is around 7-8 years ago. And at that time, there were two people in our industry that stood out, that I remember I am greatly influenced by. One was Bobby Hundreds, I've always been an avid reader of his blog and everything he does. And the other one is Jeff Staple, he is definitely one of the people that I look up to in the industry. He's very smart and a good all-around guy. Lastly, the third would be my friends and family. I have some pretty cool friends that I grew up with that continues to inspire and influence me.

Top three things you don't have yet, but want to get?

I'd have to say a home (haha), I'm living in downtown L.A. now in a pretty cool apartment but eventually I would like to be a homeowner one day. Another thing that comes to mind that I don't own yet, I have to say a pair of OG 3's Black Cement, that's my favorite all-time Jordans. Also, I want to own a fishing boat man.. like a yacht. I love fishing so that'd be dope to have that.


Where do you spend most of your day?

Most of my day is spent in the office. We have an office headquartered at downtown Los Angeles, and I usually get in about 10AM, then out of there around 7PM or 8PM.

What's your main dream and aspiration?

I just feel like this whole thing with Jason Markk is surreal. I feel like so blessed to be able to do something that's involved in a passion of mine, which is sneakers. If I can continue to do that and make a career out of it, I'd be more than happy. So far as that and running a successful business, having family and friends around, and just to maintain my health, that's all I can ask for.


Photos by Marvin Conanan. Thank you to Martin David of Sole Movement for giving us a chance to feature Jason Markk in the website. And also to Jason Markk for giving time to talk with us. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2012-2016 PURVEYR, All Rights Reserved.
Follow us on Instagram