12 October 2016

Filipino Surf Photographer Gaps Sabuero gets recognition at Red Bull Illume


With the numerous surf spots in the country, photographers are bound to capture the best photos. Photographer Gaps Sabuero specializes in capturing surfers in their element, a talent that led him to landing in the Top 55 of Red Bull Illume’s Masterpiece by Yodobashi Category. Red Bull Illume, held last September 28 at the Art Institute of Chicago, is the world’s most prestigious action and adventure sports photography contest. 

Photo above and at the bottom by Gaps Sabuero

“It’s ridiculous that I see my name there and I feel so out of place. All shots are from professionals (photographers) on big assignments, while mine’s taken with a GoPro at quicksilver not knowing what I was doing. I’m so stoked to have my name be on the list with the people who inspired me,” said Sabuero on his Facebook post. Gaps’ winsome photo features surfer Manuel Melindo, waiting to break the surface of Siargao’s waves. 



Check out the rest of the other entries on www.redbullillume.com. The entries are also published on a limited edition Coffee Table Book that can be purchased on www.redbullillumebook.com.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2012-2016 PURVEYR, All Rights Reserved.
Follow us on Instagram